Friday, July 11, 2008

Watch out, evil friend

As the car-key-saga continues, today I walked 5 km to work. It was a beautiful morning and I got to discuss a lot with God (to fellow pedestrians a scizofrenic thing to do, I'm sure)... but in a same time, I met some evil friends aswell.

I walk by a fence and suddenly! "Wov, Wov, Wov!" I jump, turn my head, and feel cold sweat beneath my backpack.

And there's another fence. I hear a cracking sound and a hairy head jumps up 1.5 m and starts the same: "Wov. Wov! Wov!!!" And there's the sign: "Evil".

Especially unattractive! It has been said that dogs are our best friends. But in our capitalistic society there is an individualistic germ that difines these friends as evil. Nowadays people don't plant flowers in their gardens, but put there out some animals with teeth.

And finally they put a sign that says: watch out! Or then more simply and laconically: here's someone evil. Why?

Well, yes, as the Bible teaches, does wordly riches put people to be scared of each other. But in the same time as I look at these signs and hear the barking, I don't even want to go inside. Not even to walk to work. Oh, dear citizens - think more about how to open your homes than how to warn us. It will be a much greater challenge, Im sure.

We have more than 100 000 citizens in Tartu. Think, if we would take the challenge, what kind of people we could meet in stead of greeting-barking!

No comments: