Saturday, April 19, 2008

Waterman muugajaan

Every second week I get together with a man who knows the whole Bible by heart. Actually, he even knows a couple of different translations! His name is Jaan Muuga. When we get together we talk about the same: the Bible. We are like two Estonian men with two-edged sword. Usually we share one opinion.

It’s Friday and I’m tired.

Jaan invited me to his place. He lives in Veeriku where he shares flat with two guys.” Are you sure you can climb all the stairs?” Jaan asks me in his used jeans before we gets to his place. There are five floors in the building.

I am squeezed empty.

On our way there we talk about the proverbs and childhood. He says that you really can’t read the Bible word by word. For example, he was beaten a lot by his stepfather… and that took away the feeling of security and with that also his studying ability. I look for a spring of life.

His home is simple and that’s the place where we read the Bible. Jaans eyes sparkle as he quotes it. For me, he is the best of search engines. Many times he has given my sermons extra ammo. This time we discuss what I should tell the youth pastors at our next conference: “Burning Bulb”.

Even I become dry.

We read a lot of verses, but somehow my thoughts wander. Jaan says that maybe I just should sleep. But I just want to finish my material! And I just want to go on… and finally, when it feels like all heavens are closed… I ask him, at where will I end up with my life…

Sometimes just a drop will be enough.

Jaan starts scratching his beard. He can’t sit still on his chair. He is thinking hard. And then he says that in his mind… I’m a good person. And strange as it is, but that’s enough for me! Jaan is a waterman – and for me it was such a portion that I gladly drove my way to home.

I’m a flower.

No comments: