Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I pay to work

Those people who like economy and diagnostics have thought that this year my dear nation will have around 9% of lack of work. Last year it was 5,5%. It is rather bad situation.

Now, I am different. I give money to work. Every Monday is a 10hour work-day for me. We pay 1200 crowns a month so I could leave the home and child and have meetings or computer-time.

I do love my job, but till May I have promised to be a father at home. And it has been a great mind-game for me... how you stop thinking of work during night-time? How you watch into your wife eyes and slowly eat if you know that there are about 100 emails in debt, 10 meetings not had and tons of people not saved? (AND no Newsletter sent to you!)

Its very easy to become bitter.

But it is also possible to tell all bitter things to God, even with a bitter voice. He seems to respect that. So I did and told: if His kingdom falls apart here in Estonia, its his problem, not mine. I take care of things I can. And family is one of the few...

1 comment:

Dr Bob said...

I read your blog with interest and I hope your experience as a father at home will be positive. Paying for childcare? Most of the developed world does this: it is the price we pay for increased social mobility. At least Eesti has a minimum wage and some social services.

As for the short days, I will experience them in February when i spend a week in Tallinn!

best wishes.