Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How to kill lust

One commentator in my estonian blog provocated me to think more about lust. This was a woman from Pärnu... how is it then with the Lust?

Everyone is burning in the lust, right! They say that you cannot go with children any more to the mall - immediately there are tears, screaming and undone zippers of the jackets. For me it is difficult to pass the coffee-house, my wife notices really quickly cake-slices. For sons of men it is hard to push the new button on the remote control, when there on the TV are good old lovescenes.

For elderly people, there are different kind of lusts. Even they have those, and different kinds.

Does self-leading help? That positive thinking type of approach?
Or self-flagellation? This is also autosuggestion, just old-school method.

Of course it doesnt help. And tearing out your eyes or chopping away your hand, it really does not help. You still lust.When you are blind, you lust blindly. It does not help to say: actually I really do not have any lusts right now - I actually want and need it. Its lying, because people really do not need most of the things... at least I dont!

Where then do the Christians belong with their lust-fights? As we have heard they should belong to those positively thinking people, but again... those well-known peas under the knees... How then christians, including Märt Saar, then fight with their lusts?

To be honest, I cannot. And actually, I go futher, I am not even trying to. When I become angry on Wilma or when I am egoist with Greta, I have understood more and more, that just by myself I am not really a good man for them. And it is impossible to be like Christ. I really am not like Christ!

But. If I am with Christ (by choice and also in private) every day... well, then I become a little more like he (maybe this is a moment you remember that story about vinetree and branches who stay in it?).

Also our famous Paul says in a nice way: "look, you believerman, you can have Spirit living in you, but only if you would walk in it as well... then is the time when you do not have to fight with your sinful nature. Spirit himself is fighting with it."

In other words. As long as I try to fight against my lusts I am idol for myself. And this idol is fallen already in its birth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, i have read your blog and i just want to say thanks... hehehe...

yes you're right!! we might not be Christ... but we could be Christ-like... thanks for helping me out.. ^^