Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Iron ravens

It is total challenge for me, this 2x3 capital campaign in the States. Maybe its because of Bill Hybels who said that fundraising is a test of a leadership.

Also the words of my mentor, Dave Patty look to be prophetic! "This is about glorifying God and lifting up His Name!" For me it means that being in US is much more than deepening relationships or asking money.

Let me give you one example of today. Man, it was cool!

This morning I woke up with a worry in my heart. I needed to get to the Lennu airport, but I did not have taxi-money. Thoughts went traveling and I remembered my small flock at home and their needs. Who will help Greta out? Who would like to have my tons of prayer-cards? How can I make all that trip?!

Fortunately my Abba was close. He showed me the verses about prophet Elijah, as I was lying on my mattress. Man, it was powerful... but I didnt notice it until the flights in the sky...

There were many miracles, this day, 28th October.

First. Taxi-meter was surprisingly low, even driver couldnt understand it, and me and Daniel together had exact money (111.-).

Secondly. I was hungry. And suddenly ravens started feeding me. Those iron ravens, in the sky.

But Elijah story didnt end that way. He also met one single woman who feeded him that starving era... it came out that I was sitting together with Nancy, who is working closely in Israel. She did not only get my first prayer-letter, helped me get new planetickets, but also gave me out of nowwhere 100 dollars. Without knowing me, without reason to trust.

Abba is good.

No comments: