Thursday, February 21, 2008

A trip to Ardu costs as much as a trip to India

Our family trip to village called Ardu cost us as much as my uncle and aunt’s trip to India. The story begun as I let my wife sit behind the steering-wheel. My goal was to work all the way from Tartu to Tallinn making peacefully phonecalls.

But then the police caught us. With a measure device. And called Greta into their car.

We found out that we were in a place called Ardu where the speed limit is 50 km/h. Our speed was 93 km/h.

”They told me that I’m Schumacher,” Greta laughs when she comes back. “The maximum penalty is 12 000 Estonian crowns. But luckily this was my first speeding ticket.”

In this way we got a penalty of 6000 crowns (“kuus tonni”). But this is as much as uncle Peeter and his wife’s trip to India. Mhmm… my dear expensive homeland.

2 comments:

davecup said...

Wow, that is an expensive speeding ticket!

m2rtsaar said...

I agree.
lesson learned.
:)