Friday, July 31, 2009

Hitch-hiker became child

I was heading back from island called Saaremaa, where we had a English Camp. And on the way I picked up 67-year old woman. With short hair and talkative mouth. Flowers in her hand she started talking and talking.

I tried to catch up and understand where she is in her faith. In some cases it succeeded. What radio are you listening? Do you know the word creation (creator) in southern dialect? Do you know the Russian word "malitsa" (to pray)?

As we drove 1 hour and entered Pärnu (our summer-capital), she was so sure that she hasn't sinned and is perfect. "I do not believe in after-life and even if there would be one, I will go to heaven."

And as we parked in Pärnu bus-station and spent some more time there, that was the moment when Justina repented and believed in the Gospel. We prayer together, testified sins, asked apologize and turned away from past life. I was so glad that I called her after hugging by mistake Justinus (guys name).

She closed the car door with a smile on her face. "Thank you for everything you gave me. I am now a new being. I am Gods child!"

Please pray that Justina would grow in her faith. And as we meet again in Tartu or at her place, her stomach would be full of spiritual food.

No comments: