Monday, November 24, 2008

Being father

I do not know how media around you influences you to think, but here in Estonia...

It is not so common to be father at home (as I am). 4% use that opportunity. I do not also know if you get payed for that, but we do. We get average monthly pay, what we used to earn 2 years back.

For me its little less than 350 dollars (260 euros) a month. Not so much, it makes me sometimes jealous of others, but it definitely was my own decision. To be a father, and stay at home.

But what makes me loose my temper is the thing that people in the media more and more often say. "Oh, times have come and roles of sex are changing." Oh no, it is not so.

I am definitely a man and father still, and Greta looks still like woman and plays the role of a mother. Yes, she has perfume and I still am like man, wash not so often myself.

But why Märt you are at fathers-vacation?
1. It has been surveyed that average father spends 2 minutes a week with his child. And I wanted more!
2. That way I am thinking financially into future and if God gives us more children then Greta can have more than minimum mothers-pay.

No comments: