Thursday, November 20, 2008

Relying on Spirits power

I am definitely again on the new landmark. First-ever fundraising behind my back, snow on the ground of Estonia, we just formed a new team (of 4!) and we are heading with our family to Finland. Gretas grandmother passed away.

If you have been in more close contact with me, then you probably know that I repented in September. Mark Driscoll, Jeff Vanderstelt, Dave Patty and other godly men led me (probably without knowing it) back to Spirit.

Holy Spirit. How powerful you are?!

I know that I, Märt Saar, am rather powerful man. I can convince people with my tongue. I can make children laugh and close ones cry. I have lot of integrity with my background and family, church as well. I am sitting on so many power-positions that it often leads me back to the temptation:

"rely on Märt and His mighty power!"

John Miller, whos book ("The heart of a Servant Leader") I am reading right now, has reminded me again... You cannot live your life or do your ministry without being Spirit-led. Oh man, even though I am so young I have so many times made my speeches and teachings Märt-or-logic-or-humor-or-creativity centered.

Again and again I need to repent and see how stupid it is. And my life should be always Christ-centered and Spirit-empowered! Otherwise there is no hope, no change, or glory to God.

Pray for me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You are amazing! God is using you and that's possible because of your dependence on Him. I'm honored to know you, my friend!