Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Waiting for Jesus and other

I am pushing baby-cart, in it the small energy-bomb moving around, twisting as a whirlwind. Many minutes have passed, it is time for my daughter to get some sleep. But no. Wilma is constantly laughing, whining, sometimes sitting and peeping out.

On the road, there are many big and small cars, all with Finnish numbers. I look what type of drivers are there and get surprised. Almost everyone is talking with a self-phone.

Everybody is busy.

By pushing Brio my thoughts get wondering. I start thinking what shall I do with that valuable 1,5 hours that I get. I have vacation, right! I can be still by the TV and eat banana. I can sleep, I can read a book.

Usually I am not very good at using my free time. I simply lose it with my fingers holding it as if it was a sand. I am not used to Be. I want to Do. And when I want, I want now and immediately!

As I think of it, I remember a time when I was by my grandmother, red couch underneath. This was a time, when I noticed small pieces of dust flying in a sunshine. And at that time I noticed how one black bird came to sit on a apple-tree, and I was chasing him...

And I remember this timeless waiting - all my family had gone to Sweden! One, two, three summer-days were going soo slow. It was slower than stretching a hubba-bubba gum. But I was waiting. And my grandmother said on and on, that it is painful to wait, but in an end-run it feels so good.

I have forgotten than good-old-feeling, what waiting a snow has. And how does it feel to wait the father coming home. I have forgotten that big good feeling that wise virgin should have when Jesus happens to come over...

I want now and immediately. Wilma, do not move any longer!

No comments: