Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Darling, im on my way to Israel

Today it will happen. Im driving away from home. As it is said in many-times-used stories: work will take man away, and wife will stay alone at home with child.

Im writing that as im driving on a bus from Tartu-to-Tallinn. Soon will plane leave and this blogpost will go as well to Greta, and 4-mont old Wilma. In some ways, im just like russian poet Pushkin. Writing in public to my dear wom(e/a)n.

Those past weeks i have experienced that people have two types of reactions as they hear me going to Israel:

"Oh cool. I wish i could go as well. I have always dreamed about it."

"Look carefully that you wouldnt die. There are lots of weapons, you know."

I bet i wont experience everything while im there. But i know, that I will meet there with people who have shaped the global network for next generation leaders. And probably i will get myself better sense of what type of man that Jesus really was. How big steps he left on that holy-holy land called Israel?

Most of all, i wish i could come back as a better man. I will write you soon. So long i will wait your letter, darling.

With love,
Märt

No comments: