Sunday, March 9, 2008

Märt: stonecity

Shalom, shalom. Or should I say “shalom sabbath”, because your sunday is today. For me, as you know, it was yesterday.

Talking stones
In Estonia, if someone says “stone”, then you imagine small pieces of stones that you put under asfalt. Or if you would be more country-estonian you might imagine bigger fieldstone, but nothing more.

But here are things different. Whole Jerusalem is a stone. (99% of houses are made of same dolomite) This is why it is said that Jerusalem is like the Golden City - white stones all around reflect sun brightly.

And do you remember when Jesus rebuked people...then he said that even stones (roads, pillars, houses - absolutely everything) cry out to God. This is so meaningful here!

Same thing is in the Israel desert. We think that desert it like a wavy and smooth sea of sand. Like our summer-capitals Pärnu beach. But really, Israel desert is collection of stones and only stones.

Think what it really ment when Satan was tempting Chris with a stone-bread talk. “Make them into bread”.

I was in a desert where it happened, and to be honest - if i would we hungry and someone is going to tempt me with bread (even if its white)... my visual thinking starts working. Whole desert would become a land of bread! With bigger and smaller breads.

Its useful to be in Isreal. Here you meet the matrix of religions. You see wailing wall and carpets purposely thrown on the streets. Here your heart becomes more sensitive about the people.

Head starts hurting. Maybe its because of the heat or the missing drinking water. But lot of fun still happens. There are representatives from 53 countries, and everyone has their weirdo sides! I have spent a lot of time with Mihkel - he is cool brother.

Many of us think, that Mihkel is rather young. Something twenties. Actually 36. About me people think that Im 21. Conclusion, people on the northern part of the world remain well.

Like the scrolls of the Dead Sea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting!? I typed up martsaar@yahoo and got your site. I just signed up with yahoo a few days ago with my grandfathers name because I wanted a sort of anonymous extra site so as to search into the blogs of drboylan.com. In the mean time my the blessings be. ken