Thursday, March 27, 2008

Effective teamleading

In year 1997 at a leaders-conference a red-nosed Rick Warren said that organizations don’t grow over 300 members if the leader doesn’t learn the art of delegating. And if he has no team around him, it’s actually a nice way to burn out.

When I’ve blogged about the evilness of Dr House and got commentaries like ”what are you talking about, Märt, he’s not evil, just smart.” – Im so far with my thoughts that I think that in reality Dr House wouldn’t be a smart team leader at all.

I also know how to be nasty and to attack with truth. When I do that, people around me start defending themselves. Attack back or become silent.

It doesn’t matter how deep and trusty my relationship with that person is. In any ways, any kind of synergy doesn’t grow out from that kind of behaviour.

Television doesn’t make it true.

In Latvia there’s a leader named Peter who has a congregation with 800 members, a newly planted institute for church leaders and also a position of leading the Baptist union of Latvia. He recommended to “eat lunch and have meetings” as much as possible.

When he still was a single he even had all breakfasts together with someone.

Too much is at steak to do everything alone. What kind of teams have you experienced as most successful? What was that magic nitro?

No comments: